DIY "Antiques" Sign:
I recently bought a really cheap plank of fake wood at a dollar store thinking I'd have loads of cool ideas to use it. Turns out I don't have all the materials at home to create some of my ideas. So, with what I had at my dispositions, I made a vintage "Antiques" sign and it turned out pretty nice.
What you'll need:
- plank of wood
- printed Antiques sign (I made mine on Word)
- black paint
How to do it:
1. Print out your "Antiques"sign. Mine was made on Word. For some reason my N wouldn't want to print out so I drew it myself therefor the N is smaller than the other letters.
2. We are going to do a graphite transfer just like the Moon Phase Wall Art.
Turn the printed side over so that it's face down and with a pencil scribble along the border of each letter.
3. Now place the template face up and with your pencil go around the letters again. They should appear on the plank.
4. Go around the letters one more time with your marker to make it more visible when you paint.
5. With the black paint fill in the letters.
6. Add whatever decoration you want and go over it with sandpaper.
Now you can display it!