Vintage Mason Jar Vases

Vintage Mason Jar Vases:

What you'll need:

 mason jars
chalkboard paint (you can check out the tutorial for chalkboard paint here or buy it in store)
Paint (You could use craft paint or spray paint)
Sponge brushes 
Clear spray paint
- Sand paper or block
pretty lids {optional}

How to do it:

1. The very first thing I did was paint them with chalkboard paint. I wanted the black so that when I distressed it at the end the black would show through and give it that shabby look I was going for. 

2. Once the chalk paint was completely dry I started to paint the jars the colors I wanted with just regular old craft paint {again you could use spray paint if you would rather}. I chose the light blue, coral, mint and yellow because they reminded me of  summer and that is exactly what I wanted them for. The perfect pop of color. 

3. This is after 3 coats of the colored paint. 

4. Now they looked pretty but they looked a little too clean for me so I got out my sanding block and started roughing them up so you could see the black showing under.


5. The last thing I did was spray them with a clear spray paint to seal them up so the paint would not chip anymore and so they would be protected.



Fill them up with some water put pretty fresh  flowers in them and you have the perfect center piece, decor item, or statement piece to your home or party. 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop SheIn for the latest in Fall and Winter Fashions