Ready to make your own notebook?
What you'll need:
- Decorative Paper Wrap
- Cardstock ( you can use normal paper but cardstock is more durable)
- Scissors/x-acto knife
- Glue/spray adhesive
- Hole punch
- Twine or thread (thread is thinner so might not hold as well)
How to do it:
1. Begin by cutting all your paper to size. For the smallest notebook, I cut the cardstock and decorative gift wrap, which will both serve as the cover, 5.5"x7.5". The pages I cut to 5"x7". In all, I fit about 12 sheets of paper in (which translates to about 24 pages once folded in half).
2. Attach the decorative paper to the cardstock using glue or spray adhesive.
3. Fold both the pages and the cover in half lengthwise. To get a clean fold, I scored mine first using the back side of my xacto knife.
4. On the fold, punch two holes about a half an inch from the top and bottom of the pages and about 3/4 of an inch from the top and bottom of the cover. Just make sure the holes for the cover and the pages line up.
5. Now bind the two together using a piece of twine. Tie off on the inside of the notebook and trim.